Saturday

A little vent

When my mother went to be with the Lord April 19, 2001, she had supplemental health insurance through AARP. At the time, I informed AARP of mother's death and cancelled her health insurance, along with her AARP membership.

However, about once a year correspondence from AARP arrives in the mail, addressed to my mother, as it did yesterday. It begins.....

"Dear.......

Since your membership ended, AARP added many new and improved member benefits and services.

We would very much like to welcome you back to AARP, so you can enjoy those benefits and services...."

Argh!!!! The first few times I received the letter, I returned it - reminding them of mother's death.

Obviously they just don't get it!

Now I just throw the letters in the trash. It's their money!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sista Cala said...

I know what you mean. My mother also went to be w/the Lord in 2001, and we still get mail from all sorts of agencies. Most continue to send mail even if I call them or return the reply cards marked do not send. Don't know what else to do about it, but what my mom did, just throw unwanted mail in the trash. Shredding it is a good idea these days. Even though she is gone, I would not want anyone to steal her identity.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so sad. It happened to my mother after Dad's death. For at least 10 years after, Mum would receive mail for him. It would upset her every time. It took a lot of phone calls and finally a very terse letter from me to put an end to it. I am sorry that you have had this happen too. I second the shredding idea too.

Blessings,

Glenys

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought you might like this site: www.TheHopeWithin.org

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home