Monday

Caregiving youth

Three graduating high school seniors from Boca Raton, Florida, are the first national recipients of a new scholarship honoring caregiving youth.

From the Boca Raton News: Scholarships given to caregiving HS students

These stories represent examples of the 1.4 million children who are young caregivers and the thousands of young caregivers who live in Palm Beach County. Young Caregivers in the U.S. is the first national report about children-18 years of age and under who are caring for a family member. The majority (72 percent) assist a parent or grandparent, the report said.

The American Association of Caregiving Youth has an interesting website. While I have not read everything there, I am impressed with what I have read so far.

My children all assumed various roles at different times for the care of my father and mother, and I am very proud of them for doing so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home